We fund across seven programme areas – Employment, Health, Housing, Criminal Justice, Relationships, Finance and our Enabling Programme. Across all our programmes we seek to fund targeted, conceptually sound, evidence generation and influence activities to influence policy makers and service providers, and improve the capability of the Armed Forces Charities sector.
We welcome applications from various organizations from small not-for-profit groups and charities to larger institutions such as universities.
We strongly advise applicants to read the eligibility criteria provided here and only proceed if your application falls within the objectives of the Trust.
What we can fund
- A project where the proposed outcomes meet an identified need and help achieve FiMT’s Change Model.
- A project with a clear need which is relevant to FiMT’s Change Model.
- A project with strong potential to grow or to provide opportunities for replication.
- A project which can bring about sustainable change.
What we can’t fund
We will not support the following no matter how worthwhile:
- Grants to individuals – this is a primary role of existing Services charities and benevolent funds
- Work that does not benefit Service men, women, veterans and their families
- Work that does not have a direct benefit in the UK, but this does not preclude the support for foreign and commonwealth groups that have served in the UK Armed Forces
- Work that is primarily the responsibility of central or local government and statutory providers such as local authorities and Primary Care Trusts, or projects which directly replace statutory funding
- Retrospective funding
- General appeals or circulars
- Churches or other religious bodies where the grant will be used for religious purposes
- Profit-making organizations, unless the objective is in support of Service men, women, veterans and their families as part of a corporate social responsibility programme
- Organizations whose unrestricted reserves equate to more than one year of operations
- Ongoing costs for a project which is already established