We are committed to providing high standards of service and we positively welcome suggestions you may have for how we can improve our service. When something goes wrong we would like you to tell us about it. This will help us improve our standards.
We take all feedback seriously and we will take action when appropriate to do so. All complaints will be dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
If you have a complaint, we would like you to tell us about it. This is what you should do:
- If you have a complaint to make, it should be made to the Chief Executive (CE), who will try to resolve the issue informally.
- If the issue is serious, or you are not satisfied after raising it with the CE, you should make a formal complaint.
- Your complaint should be made in writing, marked “Private & Confidential” and sent to the CE who will acknowledge it in writing (normally within 7 days of receipt). Remember to keep a copy of your letter.
- The CE shall – in consultation with the Chair of the Governance Committee – investigate the complaint.
- The CE shall communicate the results of the investigation to you within a reasonable time – normally 21 days.
- You have the right – if dissatisfied with the results of the inquiry – to put your case in writing or personally to a panel comprising at least three members from the FiMT Board. If attending personally, you have the right to be accompanied by a friend or advocate to help put your case. (The panel also has the right to have an advisor present). We will not be liable for any expenses you might incur.
- The decision of the panel will be final and there is no appeal process.
- Where appropriate, FiMT will make a written apology to the complainant, and agree any further action necessary to make good the cause of the complaint.
- All formal complaints and the response made to them will be recorded and filed in a secure place.
- The Board shall be informed by the CE at the first available meeting of the number and nature of any formal complaints and their outcome, and consideration will be given to the implications these have for the planning and management of future services.
- For further information please check the Charity Commission website: www.gov.uk/complainabout-charity.
* if a complaint relates to the CE, read “Chair of the Governance Committee” for “CE”.
This policy will be reviewed in January 2023.
Responsibility for document management: HOG