How to Apply
If you would like to apply for a grant please read our eligibility criteria and then submit:
- A cover letter with your contact details and a description of your organisation to include:
- Charity Registration Number – if applicable
- Registered Company Number – if applicable
- Sufficient information to allow us to verify you and your organisation
- An outline of the project for which you are seeking funding, which should not exceed two sides of A4 using a minimum font size of 11pt.
Send your initial application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim to respond to your initial application within 3 months of receipt.
If your initial application meets our objectives and current priorities we will contact you to invite a full application. All full applications will be considered by the Forces in Mind Trust’s Grants and Commissioning Committee – we will keep you informed throughout the stages of the application process.
Mental Health Applications
Applicants should be aware that FiMT may fund a proportion of the overhead costs associated with a project, taking into account the nature of the organisation applying. In assessing an application which includes funding for overheads, FiMT expects the applicant to be able to offer a detailed breakdown of what is included, and to be fully transparent in how these costs have been calculated. Applicants should also note that their application may be assessed alongside others with a different approach to overhead costing. FiMT reserves the right not to fund overhead costs where they cannot be reasonably justified or FiMT is not satisfied with the applicant’s explanation.