The 2020 cohort consists of leaders working across a variety of Armed Forces Charity Sector organisations, including SSAFA, Veterans Growth, Royal Navy Royal Marines Children’s Fund, Welsh Local Government Association, Naval Families Federation, ABF The Soldiers Charity, Blesma, Combat Stress, and more.
Building on a number of years’ partnership with Clore Social Leadership and Cobseo, the Forces in Mind Trust are proud to be supporting and sponsoring this leadership development programme for the third consecutive year. This partnership has been established to help increase the sector’s effectiveness and ultimately improve outcomes for the organisations’ beneficiaries. This is the innovative and system changing approach to which the partners are committed.
Commenting on this year’s cohort, Ray Lock CBE, Chief Executive of the Forces in Mind Trust said:
“We are very pleased to be supporting this excellent programme for another year. It brings together some of the best emerging Leaders in the Armed Forces Charity Sector, offering them access to a bespoke training and development programme. Nobody should lead alone, and this programme allows its Fellows to develop a mutually supportive network across the sector.
By convening these emerging leaders on such a training programme, we are proactively investing in the future capacity of the Armed Forces Charity Sector. The Fellows are all exceptional individuals, and we have no doubt that they will continue to make a positive mark wherever they go.”
Drawing on all aspects of Clore Social’s Social Leaders Capabilities Framework, this intensive leadership development journey aims to develop inspirational, empowering, courageous, focused, passionate and generous leadership capabilities. Participants will learn through real-world challenges, while using a variety of techniques – all designed to equip them with the tools necessary to develop their skills and effectively tackle the Armed Forces Charity Sector’s challenges.
This year’s successful Cobseo Emerging Leader Fellow are:
- Adrian Leslie, The Royal British Legion
- Adrienne Drury, SSAFA
- Alice Turbine, Royal British Legion Industries
- Andrew Kochman, The Royal British Legion
- Charlotte Fiander, Cobseo – The Confederation of Service Charities
- Garry Burns, Combat Stress
- Hilary Pearce, Communities Fiji Britain
- Isabel Summers, Forces in Mind Trust
- Jason Stevens, Veterans Growth
- John Harry Reed, Royal Marines Association – The Royal Marines Charity
- Justin Phillips, SSAFA
- Kate Billingham Wilson, ABF The Soldiers Charity
- Lorna Dorrell, Blesma
- Lucy Heaver, Naval Families Federation
- Millie Taylor, Welsh Local Government Association
- Philip Town, SSAFA
- Rachel Tribble, SSAFA
- Sarah Smith, Royal Navy Royal Marines Children’s Fund
- Sarah Wilson, Veterans Growth
- Tracey Berridge, SSAFA