On 12th January 2021, Forces in Mind Trust hosted an online launch event for ‘Living In Our Shoes’, the independent review of the needs of UK Armed Forces families. This is a full recording of the webinar.
- The Secretary of State for Defence, The Rt Hon Ben Wallace MP
- Lieutenant General James Swift OBE, Chief of Defence People
- Andrew Selous MP, Lead Reviewer
- Professor Janet Walker OBE, Lead Adviser to the Review
- Ray Lock CBE, Chief Executive of Forces in Mind Trust
- Maria Lyle, Chief Executive of the RAF Families Federation
- Anna Wright, Chief Executive of the Naval Families Federation
- Collette Musgrave, Chief Executive of the Army Families Federation
- Kate Davies, Director of Armed Forces, NHS England
The report, ‘Living in our Shoes: understanding the needs of UK Armed Forces families’, which was published in June 2020, was commissioned by the Ministry of Defence. It challenges some long-held military traditions and makes specific recommendations to improve support for UK Armed Forces families. The launch event focused on the findings and recommendations of the report, and included a response from the Ministry of Defence and a panel discussion.